yum, rpm, pirut, pup won't run on FC6

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jun 19 05:28:39 UTC 2007

On Monday June 18 2007 10:41:10 pm Eric wrote:
> Oh, for Pete's sake ... What goes around, comes around, right?  I've had to
> put up with "re-install Windows" as a cure for what ails ye for years, now
> you're telling me that Linux is tumbling down that same path?  :-(

Eric: Have you been reading the two threads I've started over the past two
days? I had a problem very similar to yours, and have managed to sort it all
out. Rather than try to summarize, I suggest you just look at the past two
days traffic and find the threads I began about package management problems
and selinux issues. My situation appears to be completely resolved, and my
machine did about 9 updates this evening without issue after being pretty
much in the same state as yours for the past 36 hours.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD