yum, rpm, pirut, pup won't run on FC6

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Tue Jun 19 15:49:29 UTC 2007

At 10:42 AM 6/19/2007, Randy Gordey wrote:

 > Have you tried this yet?
 >
 > [root at fedora ~]# cd /var/lib/rpm
 > [root at fedora rpm]# rm -f __db*
 > [root at fedora rpm]# rpm --rebuilddb -vv

Good afternoon, Randy.

No, I haven't tried that yet.  I'm a little nervous about doing that with
three of the four __db.00x files still showing as open (using
lsof).  That's why I'm wondering if I should reboot first... not
necessarily guaranteed from two towns away so I'm putting it off until I
can drop what I'm doing and drive over there if the remote reboot fails.

If you think I can just blow away the __db.00x files even though they are
open, I'll try that...