Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 20 10:11:38 UTC 2007

Kevin J. Cummings:
>> While the exactness of the OP's statement is probably hard to prove
>> beyond the shadow of a doubt, I do believe his statement that "Unix
>> predates MS-anything" is generally true.

Mike McCarty:
> MicroSoft produced stuff for CBM machines at approximately the
> time they were introduced.

Unless you believe that Microsoft was involved in mainframes back in the
1960s, Unix definitely predates it.  But, as pointed out, this may be
about apples and oranges.  If Microsoft is carrying on about GUI-related
patents, they *may* have been the first to do it that way (though they,
and Apple, copied others before them).  But we don't know what Microsoft
is concerned over.  There's many other aspects to computing beyond the
GUI.  Microsoft is but a spotty teenager.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.