Can't activate wlan0 in F7

Joe Jerome jjerome1 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jun 20 15:32:33 UTC 2007

Installed ipw3945 and made sure that 'alias wlan0 ipw3945' is in
modprobe.conf.  Still not working.  Opening KNetworkManager shows only
one device, the eth0 wire LAN port.  Opening system-config-network shows
wlan0, but it is still inactive.  Trying to activate it again says the
device doesn't seem to be present.  Doing a 'dmesg | grep 3945' shows:

  ipw3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection driver for
Linux, 1.2.1dm

  ipw3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
  ipw3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
  ipw3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver
for Linux, 0.0.24kd

  ipw3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
  ipw3945: Detected geography ABG (11 802.11bg channels, 13 802.11a
channels)

  ipw3945: association process canceled