spam

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Thu Jun 21 17:25:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 01:16:59PM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> I for one, am one of those people who understand that it's impossible to
> completely rid myself of it while I'm on the list, so I do the best I
> can to keep it under control.

Frankly, between SpamAssassin and some procmail traps, I don't SEE most of
the spam that comes in.  I've had the same domain and E-Mail address set
within that domain since around 1993.  Sure, I'm losing bandwidth to it,
but I'm not going to forego the utility of either this and other mailing
lists, or the convenience of contact a long-established and well-known
mail address gives me and those who want to contact me.

Nevertheless, I WOULD like to run into some of these spammers in a dark
alley while I'm on my way home from a ball game...with my Louisville
Slugger...
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.