F7 Silly question about system-config-samba

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 22 02:38:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 13:28 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> for sure, I have understood that the only tool to be trusted is SWAT
> (neither Webmin nor system-config-display are working fine, some
> features are not working in both tools).

I'm sure you meant system-config-samba not -display, but I've always
been a little concerned about using third-party configuration tools.
They, typically, lag the development of the thing that they're
configuring, and may configure things as per the prior version of the
tool, or how the author *thought* it should be done.

For things like Samba, NFS, Apache, etc., I'd always edit the
configuration file, by hand.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.