F7: Evolution constantly crashing

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 22 09:28:52 UTC 2007

hi!

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble with evolution... and, somehow, I think it's not an
> evolution bug...
>
> Sometime evolution (and gthumb viewer, games and some others) freeze.
> I don't always get a bugbudy screen but, when I do, I always see some
> thread64 lib that has something to do with it.
>
> I have installed the debug symbols so I can post a real good bug about
> this. I promise to take note of the exact library next time I get a
> bugbudy screen (or do a traceback).
>
> Anyway, I think we have a bug in some multythread lib... anybody
> experiencing anything like this?
>
> p.s. I've read enough "evolution sucks; use thunderbird" so please
> refrain... if possible ;=s
> --
> Renich Bon Ciric <renich at woralelandia.com
> <mailto:renich at woralelandia.com>>
> Woralelandia

ok, fine, i won't tell you to go for thunderbird... you can try claws
mail for sometime then, got interface almost like evolution, you can
copy between imap servers etc.. you might like to give it a try until
you can get a solution for evolution...

why i am not posting any possible solution ?? well, i use thunderbird !!
evolution sucks...

regards,
amit.