Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sat Jun 23 14:01:08 UTC 2007

At 09:44 AM 6/23/2007, Paul Smith wrote:

<PS>>>>>The installation DVD simply does not install anything here (and in
many places). The problem is caused by the fact that the F7 kernels are too
buggy... With a yum installation, F7 gets installed, but to boot in it, one
has to have the FC6 kernel installed and selected.<<<<<

Good morning, Paul.

That's what I mean.  I installed using the out-of-the-box DVD ISO image,
both in VMware Workstation and on a separate machine with DVD drive.  Both
of them installed with no problem and booted right up.  I have since
upgraded both to the newer released kernel and that works fine, too.  I
have also run Software Updater on both, as recently as two days ago, and
updated everything for which there was an update available (that's
something I normally don't do... if it ain't broke don't fix it and all of
that, so I usually just upgrade the things I need or that are flagged as
security issues).  Everything (that I have used so far) continues to Just Work.

The kernels may be buggy in ways I haven't run across yet, but as for
booting up, absolutely no problem...

I'm just trying to understand why some are having nothing but problems and
others just breeze right through.