How to get rid of auto-logout

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Jun 23 18:03:23 UTC 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:12:21 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>> One of my F7 machines keeps logging me out whenever I let it alone for
>> a few minutes. How do I make it stop?
>>

> I'm going to make a guess that it's your screensaver.  I don't know what
> it's called on F7 but on FC6 it's System->Preferences->Screensaver. Look
> for the checkbox for "Lock screen when screensaver is active".
>
> Hope that's it.  :m)

Nope -- first thing I thought of, too. It's set not to lock.

I even opened the Configuration Editor under System Tools off the Main
Menu, and went through that, looking for settings I could undo.

But what happens is not just a lockout, where a password puts you back
where you were. It's a real logout, and the screen has to rebuild my
whole desktop.

And it doesn't get that right, either. It asks me (on the wrong
workspace) which Opera session I want, even if I left Opera closed. It
opens my home folder, whether that was open before or not. And it opens
my gnome-terminal the wrong size, and with only one tab. Yet it's set to
save every session ...