Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Sat Jun 23 22:47:48 UTC 2007

72

>>    Perhaps we could nail it down to a -particular- SATA
>> BIOS/Motherboards... rather than *any* SATA.
>
> The bug and the forum posts that your links point to are for a test
> release from before Fedora 7.

  If you search around, the problem persists.

It *is* labeled "NOFIX" in the database, why did you expect it to be
fixed in the current version ?

> Have you actually tried to install Fedora 7?

   Yup. Dead at Ready. X86_64, Sata RAID Drives...

Also, Kernel EIP, PPC 1st Gen Macintosh Mini..
(pdflush page_write_unreliable)

(McMini for short)

   Of course, the other 30 or so servers running FC3-FC6,
are working just fine.

(As is the dual AMD that it fails at "Ready")

    :-\

I can't complain too much, at least it failed *before* formatting
the drives, unlike the McMini...

(And before you flame, Yes, I made a backup first)