Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Paul Shaffer ace_wizard at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 22:48:20 UTC 2007

Richard Irving <rirving at antient.org> wrote:
Paul Shaffer wrote:

> */Les Mikesell /* wrote:

> >> found this bug, and decided they aren't going to fix it, as it has
> >> been labeled "Wont Fix" in the database<<<<<
> >>
> >> Hmmm ... so it has. That seems strange. Maybe there is no ready
> fix,
> >> or maybe it's a kernel problem that's beyond the scope of the F7
> >> team's mandate... maybe it's some limitation of the SATA driver and
> >> the person responsible for the SATA driver isn't available right
> now,
> >> or something...
> >>
> >> I know there has been considerable discussion of SATA on this
> list...
> >> since I don't have a SATA drive (nor any knowledge of SATA and
> Linux)
> >> and traffic on this list is WAY too heavy to read every posting,
> I've
> >> been skipping over them... guess it'll be interesting to go back
> and
> >> read them...
> >>
> > I think it would help me if you defined what SATA stands for.
>
> Google and wikipedia know pretty much everything and respond much
> faster
> than this list - unless email is the only connection you have to the
> internet.
>
> --
> Les Mikesell
> lesmikesell at gmail.com
>

> --
>

> I think the vast majority of people subscribed to this list are reading
> it to learn (about Fedora), as opposed to a few who seem more inclined
> to use it for demonstrating a reluctance to share their superior
> knowledge with trite RTFM-type quips.

At least you're not bitter...or anything. ;-P

BTW, I missed the amateur only pre-requisite for the list, I am sure
it will be a *much* better list without us boring professionals
bothering you.

:-*

> Not knowing what SATA is and having problems related to it would somehow
> seem rather expected, so why get your knickers in a twist over it?

Um... Because I have one of the systems failing,
for -just- this reason ?

But, I guess if it isn't *your* problem, the rest of us shouldn't
bother *you* with it, huh ?

I humbly beg your *personal* forgiveness, as does the rest of the list,
I am sure....

;-)

> The
> OP wasn't even complaining about an SATA-related problem.

The question was, "How come so MANY people are having problems ?",
I shared one possibility that *does* appear to be a re-occurring theme.

Or was it rhetoric, and I just didn't catch on ?

:-D

> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors
>
> on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. <
> http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>

Who's bitter?  Flame on?  Puhleeez.