FC6 yum has broken

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jun 24 15:40:33 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Suddenly yum update no longer works on my FC6 machine. Somehow a
> file /var/cache/yum/stablemirrors file is created. I can't find it on
> other versions of Fedora.
>
> Then the yum update process gets stuck on the primary.xml.gz
>
> It starts being processed but then just quits part of the way through.
>
> Can anyone explain this?
It sounds like you have the fast mirror plugin, and the mirror it is
trying to use is not responding. (Too many people trying to
download, down for maintenance, etc...) You can disable the pluging,
 or you can try moving the stablemirrors file to another location.
(That way, you can move it back if it breaks something.)

Mikkel