Bluetooth support

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jun 24 22:44:50 UTC 2007

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Konstantin Svist wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still using FC6, haven't had much chance to try F7.
>>> Got a question for those who have [tried] it: how is the built-in
>>> bluetooth support?
>>>
>>> With FC5 and FC6 I had to install some packages just to start using
>>> bluetooth, and never actually got bluetooth headsets working.
>>> In contrast, windows xp allows me to use the bluetooth headphones with
>>> pretty much zero configuration (past the initial driver/software
>>> install).
>>>
>>> Has anything improved in F7?
>>
>> Surely you have to "install some packages" to get most things working.
>> I think "yum install bluez*" will give you everything you want.
>>

> But what about headset support? I couldn't get it to work at all, last
> time I tried. Does it work as soon as you install the right packages,
> now? Or do you still need to compile/configure a lot of stuff?

Hi and I have a Bluetooth device I wear in my ear and it talks to my
Cell Phone with no setup required. It's a LG cell phone and Motorola
Bluetooth but they work fine. I checked on this FC6 and it has at
System->preferances->More preferances a tag says Bluetooth but it is
nothing but a panel asking what it should do if it hears a transmitter.
Nothing poped up when I turned on my thing so I think it's not working.

Karl