Volume Control use

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 25 10:29:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 23:56 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> The Fedora (or is KDE?) menu seems very strange to me.
> I can't see any logic to the choice of items
> in Administration, Settings and System.
> The Control Centre is much better organized, IMHO.

Hmm, I wouldn't call the KDE control centre a great example of good
design.  I had to hunt around all over the place to find some things.

> I hope the KDE people look at Windows occasionally.
> Bill Gates seems much better in this small area, I feel.

Now would I call Windows a good example.  KDE tries to copy the
worlds-worst-GUI-idea, the start menu.  With Windows drill-down to this
through that, and the dump-everything-in-the-one-place techniques both
being used, it's a diabolical thing.  And you have the issue to that to
control one thing in Windows, you might have to use two or three
different control panels.

Yes, look at Windows, but in a John Cleese "How to annoy people"
training video manner (what not to do).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.