jabber server questions

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 25 16:32:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:57:06 -0800
"Bazooka Joe" <fastfish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use jabberd w/ no hassle.  I have it set up so it stores all info in
> mysql. Nothing special for dns on my setup - other than a valid
> domain. pidgin for the client.

I suppose that depends on the client and features you wish to support.
If you wanted gateways for other protocols, it wanted ICQ, Yahoo, etc.,
sub-domains.  Likewise for some of the other more than just chatting to
each other features (user directories, chatrooms, etc.).  Or, perhaps
they've unified them into just one domain name, by now.