Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 26 16:50:32 UTC 2007

Scott van Looy wrote:
> On Jun 25 Steven P. Ulrick did spake thusly:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:05:14 +0100
>> Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> This is nothing to do with firefox or mozilla or KDE or gnome or fedora,
> it's simply a crap web designer/programmer who needs shooting. Complain
> to the website if you can't access it, there's no reason at all for you
> not being able to

This falls on deaf ears many times.

Our corporate WWW site has just moved to some Microsoft portal software
and in Linux or Firefox, keep getting popups about not being IE.  I
contacted the admin and their response was everyone was using IE.  At
least they thought this.  I spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with
this person and found out that they were living in a bubble of what they
were taught.  I even pointed out that if they updated their software, it
would support Firefox.

At present, much of the corporate WWW site is not easily accessible to
me as I use Linux.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.