thunderbird 2.0.0.4 lost messages

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 26 17:10:20 UTC 2007

oleksandr korneta wrote:
> on 06/26/2007 07:15 AM Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>> On 26/06/07, oleksandr korneta <atenrok at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> just want to let you know that I just tried to move the bunch of mail
>>> messages (by drug'n'drop) from one mailbox to another and it disappeared
>>> from the first mailbox and never showed up in another. Actually to be
>>> honest, I just lost all my mail for the last 3 years from that account.
>>> I'm pretty much sure there is no way to restore it. Thanks developers
>>
>> It's worth filing a bug report at http://bugzilla.redhat.com including
>> as much detail as you can. Eg. were both mailboxes IMAP/POP/Local
>> etc.Were there any error messages? Anything you can think of. Even
>> better if you could give a recipe for reproducing the problem.
>
> this was thunderbird 2.0.0.4 for fc6 installed from remi repository. I
> don't think that fedora developers would care. The bug is strange
> indeed. It is very easy to reproduce on my machine, and this happens
> only between two specific accounts. No error messages, the mail just
> silently disappears and I am immediately asked to compact my mailboxes.
> I was stupid enough to press "OK" without checking whether everything
> went fine.

Did you check your Thunderbird email directory to see if the files are
still there but under a different name?

I am still using 2.0.0.0 and use Drag and drop many times with no
issues.  Maybe it is the number of messages that makes the difference.

I am not moving between accounts though.  That may be where the problem is.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.