DVI output, ATI or nVidia

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Jun 26 21:33:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:03:16 -0700
"Lonni J Friedman" <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Open source projects are full of long standing bugs which haven't been
> fixed.  Just because code is open does not mean that a bug is going to
> get fixed faster unless you are the one who is capable of fixing it.

In my experience just because you are paying for support doesn't
mean it is gonna get fixed either (unless the one paying is Microsoft
or Sony and is providing the lion's share of revenue - bugs they pay
to get fixed probably do get fixed, or at least obscured :-).

For the sort of thing open source can provide even without actually
"fixing" a bug myself, see:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/easy-linux.html