selinux eradicator?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 27 01:39:14 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley wrote:
> I'm never gonna use selinx, yet every new batch of updates
> seems to have yet another new version of a slew of
> selinux packages to download and install, with half of
> them wasting time doing find commands to do god knows
> what to every file on my system :-).
>
> Out of idle curiosity, I asked yum what would happen
> if I tried to remove every rpm that has selinux in
> its description.
>
> The result was that just about (maybe not even about)
> every single rpm on my system would be removed for
> dependencies.
>
> Is there any set of selinux stuff I can actually remove?
>
> Anyone working on a alternate repo of bizzaro-selinux
> packages that will satisfy the dependencies while only
> downloading a few hundred bytes and executing no complicated
> side effects when installed?
>
> Or maybe a selinux free fedora spin?
>
> Maybe on the more realistic side: How about a
> /etc/sysconfig/selinux variable I could set that
> would inform the rpms I'm never ever gonna enable
> selinux, and they can just skip all the time wasting
> nonsense they normally do when installed?

Except the very small libselinux package, you should be able to remove
everything else. Note that there are other packages that are related to
SELinux but don't have selinux in the package name. rpm -qa | grep -i
policy should help find them. Remember to disable SELinux first if you
haven't done so already.

Rahul