kernels going worst and worst (fc6) and no answer on this list

Stijn Hoop stijn at sandcat.nl
Thu Jun 28 08:16:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:05:20 +0200
François Patte <francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr> wrote:
> I can see people getting problems when they update their kernel: one
> cannot get his preceding resolution on his monitor, another one has no
> more printer....
>
> I posted some messages about new problems after updating my kernel....
>
> NO ANSWER!

The correct way to post about bugs in Fedora is to use bugzilla. Asking
on the lists to assess whether anyone else experiences the same problem
is a good thing, but when nobody else seems to do so, please file a bug.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

Do provide lots of detail (exact kernel version and other packages
involved, system specs, etc), it will get you a faster and better
response.

> I post again, in hope... before switching to another distro...

It is of no use to mention 'other distros'. In fact if it works better
for you, there's no reason you shouldn't switch.

Regards,

--Stijn