printer only works from FC3

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:48:13 UTC 2007

My samsung ML-2510 printer works like a champ from FC3, as advertised on the
box.  However, I would rather run Fedora 7.

So, I'm working on compiling stuff to try a different route, but...I dunno, just
frustrating.  I'm considering returning it, depending on their return policy.

The Samsung driver installed and worked in FC3.  In Fedora 7, the samsung driver
installs but then nothing happens in cups.  There's this SPLIX driver I'm
working on, but, I'm not holding my breath.

Any thoughts?  Run FC3 in emulation?  that seems rather drastic.

-Thufir