F7: Evolution constantly crashing

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 13:45:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 16:24 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 12:29 -0400, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> > I had the problem until last week, when I changed the automatic search
> > of POP3s mails (4 accounts) from each minute to ten.
>
> Hmm, I can imagine a few ISPs regarding polling their servers once a
> minute to be excessive.  If enough of their clients did the same thing
> it'd be a DoS.

Doing a check for new mail every minute would indeed tax the system
unduly.
Creating computer software is always a demanding and painstaking process
-- an exercise in logic, clear expression, and almost fanatical
attention to detail. It requires intelligence, dedication, and an
enormous amount of hard work. But, a certain amount of unpredictable and
often unrepeatable inspiration is what usually makes the difference
between adequacy and excellence.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net