mediawiki 1.9.2 -- no mediawiki.conf

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:29:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just setup a Fedora 7 system from scratch, and everything has been
great.  I want it to run mediawiki, so I was really glad to see that
as a package that could be installed via pirut.

I checked it off, and there were no errors in the installation.

That's about as far as I've gotten.  It created files in:
/usr/lib/mediawiki
/usr/share/mediawiki
/usr/share/doc/mediawiki
/var/www/wiki

I was expecting /etc/httpd/conf.d/mediawiki.conf, but according to
`rpm -ql mediawiki` there is nothing besides files in the directories
I mentioned above.

Two other notes:  I have postgres installed, but not mysql.  I'm fine
with either one being used for the wiki.

I was expecting to install it from source anyway, so I'm ok with going
that route, but it would be nice to have the updates handled by yum
and not me.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Is there something I
missed?

Thanks,

Mike