FC6 network problem.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 20:54:56 UTC 2007

I asked this before but let me ask it again in a different way. I have
two machines of my home lan. When I ping the lan router 5 ping cycles
take essentially the smae time.  I am pinging to a 1p address.

I can ping an external internet address and the pings take essentially
the same time.

However, I ask one of the machines to get content through a browser
things grind to a halt. The same thing happens when I do a yum operation
on one of the machines. The other works normally. Asdkong the browser to
load the web page throm the router is a long slow process.

Both machines show about the same load in top. Both machines worked up
to last Friday when I tried to do a yum update but nothing was ever
installed since the process slowed to a stop.

I am stumped. What could have gone wrong to result in this behavior. I
considered the NIC failed but the pings seem to rule that out.

Any one have any things to try to identify the problem?
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first
overcome. -- Dr. Johnson
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net