f7 dead and recovery disk hangs. (SOLVED???)

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Jun 28 23:54:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:31:08 -0400
"Robert Cahn" <robertscahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems strangely fragile

My system sometimes refuses to boot, and I've finally learned
that the BIOS somehow gets its disk boot order reset so it
is trying to boot off the wrong disk.

Took me forever to discover that the first time, but I'm finally
used to recognizing the symptoms now and can put it back the
way it was. I've considered just installing grub on both
disks, but decided I'd like to know when it happens.

Anyone know if smolt tries to dig out bios info? Maybe smolt
is doing this to me (it does seem to happen around once
a month :-).