Battery power icon charge status feedback

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Jun 30 17:12:51 UTC 2007

In FC6, when on AC power, the battery icon provided some feedback regarding
the charge status. As the battery was charging, the icon would show a
progressively full battery.

Now, in FC6, the charge icon appears to be a static image, and I must move
the cursor on top of it to see the battery's charge status.

Am I the only one who finds this a backwards step? By following certain
charge/discharge practices, I find that I can greatly prolong my laptop's
battery. After 4-5 months of heavy use, it did not seem to have lost any
noticable capacity. To do that, I rely on the battery's charge status, and I
used to be able to simply monitor it out of a corner of my eye, but now I
need to mouse over it.

Is there anything in FC7 that will pop up a window anytime the battery's
charge exceeds or drops below a configurable level?