ESR: Goodbye Fedora

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Mar 1 15:25:15 UTC 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwAtNILh6uY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoutube%2Ecom%2F

>>> Well, /I/ recommend it, to anyone who forgets what a force for good
>>> America has been in this world.
>>>
>>> I voted for both Presidents Bush, and I should very much like to vote
>>> for Newt Gingrich, if anyone can persuade him to stand for election as
>>> President of the United States.
>>>
>>> Here is my challenge to you, Aaron: Can you refute that video? Can you
>>> deny that without America, any of the newscasts in that video would
>>> /not/ have come to pass?
>>
>> Australia would have picked up the slack. <g> Ric
>
> Well here is the thing. I am a Jew. I ma proud of the high percentage of
> Nobel Prize winners are Jews. But I would embarrassed and repelled by a
> video that took the same attitude about Jews that the video took about
> America. That is, thinks that would not have happened if the Jews did
> not exist I mean. The video was arrogant and self-serving. And is
> certainly OT for this list.
> --
> One Bell System - it sometimes works.
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net

Aaron:

    I quite agree with you. This video goes way too far! but as a
favor, can we Puhleeeeese let this thread die! If I really cared about
anyone's opinion but mine, I would surely find them out and we could
have a real good time patting ourselves on the back for the actions of
our ancestors.

Scott