compiz and scim are fighting for my keyboard

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 09:04:16 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Compiz uses CTRL-ALT-arrows to switch virtual desktops.
>
> scim's default configuration uses CTRL-ALT-arrows to switch input methods.
>
> Who gets the bug?  I'm leaning towards compiz for two reasons:
>
> 1) scim appears to have seniority.  compiz is a relative newcomer.
>
> 2) although scim's keys are customizable, compiz's are not.  compiz
> needs to be more configurable.

Actually already metacity uses those bindings for moving between
workspaces.  I have been actually pondering dropping/changing those
default bindings for scim.  Feel free to file a bug against scim: not
sure that any good default replacement for them can be assigned or if
they are really necessary.

Jens