evolution query.

Rodolfo Alcazar rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Mar 2 17:51:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 17:19 +0100, Torsten Eberhardt wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> On Fr, 2007-03-02 at 08:50 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Is there a way to transfer the contacts and mail from evolution on one
> > FC installation to another?
>
> just take ~/.evolution and copy all that stuff to the other
> box. This worked for me ...

Yes, and not just that. If you copy your entire ~/ directory to the new
installation, preserving permissions and ownership, you will have the
same environment as the latest. The only thing (for me) which didnt work
right was the applications menu, the new install does not overwrite the
menu entries. But if you install the same software, you'll preserve your
ssh access, firefox environment, games records, even your commands
history.

Saludos!
--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestión Pública Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Sánchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Telf.: +591 22417628 (121)