Where are all the updates gone?

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Mar 3 04:20:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Read the archives, I was repeatedly shot down with the 'bleeding edge
>> technology' line when I complained about lilo's complete removal.
>
> What folks say here cant be taken as Fedora toting anything. It is just some
> user opinions.

Some of those "user opinions" came from @redhat.com addresses, I actually
don't take any notice of @anydomain.blah posters, as they are just like I,
posting a personal opinion, but when you post with @redhat.com, it is next
best thing to an official comment.

>Lilo got dropped because there was no one has been interested
> in maintaining it and due to Grub being more capable as the default boot

I completely disagree, grub is rubbish, its the first thing i remove off
any fedora box I install and will continue to do so, however the desktops
are all close to not being Fedora any longer, so this entire discussion
maybe moot, I was going to wait and eval F7, and if its still as butchered
as previous releases.

At which time other more 'non politcal or narrow visioned' flavours will
be evaluated.

--
Cheers
Res