Skype for Linux

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:39:07 UTC 2007

I don't think that it is. The codec that Skype uses i proprietary and I
don't know if anybody has even tried to reverse engineer it.
You should ask Skype company because they are the only ones than make or not
make opensource skype clinent.

Checkout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype_Protocol#Legal_Issues

Bye

On 3/3/07, adel.essafi at laposte.net <adel.essafi at laposte.net> wrote:

> Dear all
> I just want to ask, if someone knows if the skype project is in
> developpement for linux.
>
> for windows, there is the 3.0 version. But for linux (FC5), I have only
> the
> 1.3 version.
>

> Sorry, may this is not a question well adapted for the list. I ll be very
> thankful if you answer.
>

> Regards
>

> Adel

http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/