Where are all the updates gone?

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Mar 4 01:25:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> What exactly is your complaint about grub?
> "Rubbish" is not exactly coherent criticism.

It's all been covered in previous threads some time ago.
read the archives, thats what they are kept for :)

> I prefer grub because it is not re-installed each time you add a new kernel.
> I found that feature of lilo slightly dangerous.

And I've seen several servers screwed over by it as well, not only in my
data center but others complaining likewise, maybe it was a bug maybe its
fixed, I really dont give a damn, lilo works, its tried and proven, so its
what I'm sticking with.

> Incidentally, I don't see how you can "completely disagree" with Rahul.
> He said that no-one was willing to maintain LILO for Fedora.

But he is only making a personal opinion, or is he the only one that is
allowed to make official statments, and the previous comments by
@redhat.com's are complete nobodies, that would be interesting since they
still post on this very list now days.

If they want to make public non offical, personal comments tehy should use
a personal address and not a redhat.com address, that way there can be
never any question about is it gospel or just an opinion.

--
Cheers
Res