mail program for FC6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:19:15 UTC 2007

James Wilkinson wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Thunderbird, evolution, kmail, outlook, apple mail, etc. are all pretty
>> feature-complete.
>
> None of them have proper support for mail scoring. It looks as though
> Claws has recently got it.
>
> Mail scoring (based on sender, subject, spam scores, etc.) takes a
> little bit of setting up, but can be very useful on something like the
> Fedora lists if your client has it.

Where possible, I think this is better done at the transport layer with
MimeDefang, adding headers that the user agent(s) can easily parse for
rule processing.  That way you don't have to wait for scanning to happen
at the user level and aren't tied to the quirks of any particular mail
program.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com