OT: Pine - Reply To Address

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 9 03:05:26 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Just a note:  If your from and reply-to addresses are actually the same
>> details, you shouldn't have a reply-to header.  You're not *supposed* to
>> do that (it's an overriding instruction, which is logically silly if
>> it's the same), and some daft clients will make a mess when people reply
>> to you (you'll get two replies).

Will:
> Thanks for pointing that out :)  I appreciate that.  I will change that now.

Though, there are times you may want it.  This mailing list, for
instance, will allow you to add your address to the reply-to field (it
has its own address in there, you can have yours in as well).  Then
you'll automatically get personal replies as well as ones to the list.
You *may* want that, some do.  But some people wonder why they get two
replies back to their own list postings, and get annoyed about it,
though it's really their own fault.

But, in general, you shouldn't have a "reply-to" address the same as
your "from" address.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.