F-Spot

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:53:35 UTC 2007

On 11/03/07, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 12:31:09AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I see that the newest F-Spot, 0.3.5, is available in Rawhide. Would it
> > be unwise for me to temporarily enable the rawhide repos to install
> > this package? Or would I be better off just building from the tarball
> > (or SVN)? Any other options?
>
> How stable do you want your system to be? I've been running rawhide on my
> desktop for a long time now, and if you don't mind occasionally having to
> diagnose a problem like "hey, the kernel doesn't boot now" or "my
> gnome-terminals hang whenver I switch desktops", it works great. :)

Now that I have a lappy the box in question is mainly for the wife's
usage. So it must be relatively stable. I'll be performing the updates
(not automatic) so I'll be there if something goes wrong. It's not a
production machine or anything.

I'd consider Rawhide if there were a lot of new features, but not for
just F-Spot. I'll build from SVN.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html