Daylight Saving Time (DST)

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 12:44:33 UTC 2007

And  I had quite unreasonably, perhaps, presumed the FC4 TZ update not all
that long ago handled the changes. But apparently not. So I went and found
the
FC6 tzdata file, performed a rpmbuild -bi on it. Watched it fail. Took its
time
zone information from:
/var/tmp/tzdata-root/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles
and copied it to:
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles
Then I copied that to /etc/localtime

Bingo - updated. The Fedora folks are worse than the Microsoft folks on this
one. Simple fix on a relatively (to W2K) OS and nobody made it. At least the
W2K lack of fix is for a very old offering. Ah well, a little persistence
fixed it
once I noticed the time had not updated properly.

So in the spirit of being a nice woman I figured I'd pass along what I did
to update an FC4 installation I have not had time to move upwards to
something
that'll crash more often because it's newer. (I am NOT happy with FC5 on my
laptop.)

{^_^}    Joanne