CF advice...

Gareth Howlett gareth.howlett at pivotalsys.com
Tue Mar 13 00:31:17 UTC 2007

Hey everyone,

I've been asked to look into putting our FC4 images onto a Compact Flash
card - bootable OS from flash card, no HDD dependency aside from
logging...  I know it's possible and I know it has serious advantages
and disadvantages - I don't want to get into all the reasons and debate
here.  I'd like to poll this forum as see if there is anyone who has
done it and has suggestions (hardware to use/avoid, articles to read,
etc)... Most of the stuff I find is based on using this tech for DCs.

- Gareth