X cutbuffer question.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Mar 13 18:45:12 UTC 2007

Here's the setup:

I'm running something that is in raw mode. Maybe vi, pine, something like
that. I want to insert a URL into my buffer. So I go to Firefox and go to
the URL. Then I pull up Tools -> TinyURL Creator and the new URL gets
copied to my buffer. I then paste it into my text. All is good in the
world.

Later on, I copy other text (not related) and try to paste that. Instead I
get the old tinyURL and not the text I just copied.

Can someone explain this to me?

steveo at syslang.net