Duplicate Packages

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 01:17:14 UTC 2007

jim tate wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:59:24 -0400
>> jim tate <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>> What command could I use to show me duplicate packages of RPM's ,
>>> with different version numbers.
>>> Yum isn't taking out older versions of some packages when updating,
>>> and it causes problem when updating
> This is on a i386 box.
>
> Jim

You might try this script which shows packages duplicated or mismatched
and has provisions for multiarc systems. It excludes the kernel and
public keys. Steve Grubb developed this script awhile back. I only
customized minor things like outputting no duplicates found instead of
just returning to the prompt without information.

Jim C.

--
	"What time is it?"
	"I don't know, it keeps changing."