DVD frustration - new observation

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 14 04:57:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 11:32 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> If you look at the files created by a standalone player, you may find
> that they do some strange things in the file that affect how they play
> on Linux.  I know that DVD's created in my DVD recorder won't play in my
> PS2.  I have looked at the IFO files and found that if I just run a
> check of the files and then re-burn the DVD, they will work.  I have not
> gone into great details on this.

The two things that immediately spring to mind are:

Stand-alone recorders making multi-session discs which don't work well
in some players.  Re-recording them gives you a new single-session disc.

Some stand-alone recorders just don't record well.  Whether that be not
producing files in the correct format, or how they burn to the disc.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.