Help troubleshooting mutt and sendmail

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Mar 16 03:43:47 UTC 2007

On 15Mar2007 15:49, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
| On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 21:19 +0100, Ambrogio wrote:
| > I have a strange problem and I cant understand how to solve it.
| > I'm looking for a simple command to send a file by email.
| > I found mutt and I checked it.
|
| what is the matter with:
| mail -s "This is subject" jsmith at geo.com < file

Only works for text. Breaks on long lines or non-ASCII characters. Isn't a
MIME attachment (filename lost, other info lost). Only does one file.
Need I go on?

His problem is lower down than mutt - his sendmail is behaving
strangely. Until that's understood both "mutt" and "mail" will
suffer.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/