Laptop recomendations

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 07:02:18 UTC 2007

On 16/03/07, Bruce Feist <bfeist at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
> > Other metric measures do have easily understandable correlations (a
> > litre of water weighs a kilogram, and so on).
> >
> I'm coming into this conversation late; please forgive me if I'm saying
> something that's irrelevant or obvious to everyone.  (I did check older
> messages, but only a dozen or so.)  Also, I might be being somewhat
> innacurate -- my comment is based on what I remember from learning
> metric in the 1970s.
>
> The link for a meter, or rather a centimeter, is mathematical rather
> than physical: a cubic centimeter is a milliliter.  I don't know how
> this relates to the redefinitions -- do they implicitly redefine a
> liter?  What's the dependency -- is a milliliter based on a centimeter,
> and a gram on a milliliter, or is it reversed, or neither?
>
> Bother.  I was trying to supply an answer, and instead I've asked more
> questions.
>
> Bruce Feist

Whoever taught you that is trying to confuse you. A cubic centimeter
measures volume. A milimeter measures length. So the two are not
interchangeable. One centimeter is 10 milimeters. Therefore one cubuc
centimeter is 10^3 = 1000 cubic milimeters.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/firefox.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/131/counting_crows.html