Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 19:40:43 UTC 2007

--- Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tin Tin wrote:
> >> Linux Mint 2
> >> Ubuntu 1
> >>
> >> Freespire 2
> >> Ubuntu 1
> >
> > If the goals are counted purely in a technical
> sense (ie. usability),
> > then allow me to add:
> >
> > Linspire 100
> > Ubuntu 1
>
> All distros are probably 90% the same content once
> they get installed.
>   Is there a matrix somewhere with checklists of the
> differences?

There are Distro choosers for instance,

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Choosing_a_Linux_distribution

http://reallylinux.com/docs/choosinglinux.shtml

There is also Distrowatch.

http://distrowatch.com/

> Mephis looks interesting too but there are too many
> to try them all -
> and a lot of the variation is just a matter of the
> app versions
> available due to release timing.
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikesell at gmail.com
>

> --

I bet that most of us are familiar with Fedora and
prefer it to most of the others.  The ones who
complain about it, prefer some of things that the
others are doing, but in the end Fedora is installed
and lives in our computer's hard drives in whichever
combinations possible, dual/triple boot, etc. The
others might be good as well, but Fedora in the end is
the best one, at least for me.

Regards,

Antonio