Wide screen LCD

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Mar 19 15:38:51 UTC 2007

On Sunday, Mar 18th 2007 at 16:21 -0000, quoth WipeOut:

=>Hi,
=>
=>Hopefully this is a simple question to answer.. My CRT screen is about to call
=>it a day so I am going to replace it with an LCD panel..
=>
=>The question really relates to whether or not I should get a wide screen
=>monitor..
=>
=>I am still on FC5 and don't know if there is much support for wide screens yet
=>in this version (or any version)..
=>
=>If its going to be a major PITA to get the screen to display properly I would
=>rather just avoid the hassle and get a normal monitor..
=>
=>I would be interested to hear from anyone running a wide screen as to how easy
=>it was to get working right..
=>
=>Thanks,
=>WipeOut

It was a little trick to get mine going. IF you go with a screen that's
1440x900, let me know and I'll send you the config file.

steveo at syslang.net