voip on vmware guest os (win2000)

Lux Zhang yuanlux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:05:05 UTC 2007

I amusing a voip soft phone, a variaty of x-lite (mynetfone). The network
system is behind firewall but without proxy. The x-lite can connect to
serevr on window (boot to  windows), but can't coonect when started at the
win2000, a guest operation system on VMWARE server (on FC6). The softphone
client uses port 5060 for in/out.

Under the same  network system (behind firewall without proxy), when xlite
cann't connect to the voip server(mynetfone) when started at a guest OS
(win2000) of vmware-server on FC6, while it can connect to when started at
window system alone?

On FC6 linux, the skype, twinkle are both working ok, I use twinkle to
connect the mynetfone server, but there is difficulty to configure
microhphone on llinux.

Home someone could show me tips

Best

Yuandan