cvs connection problems

lists at dwsasia.com lists at dwsasia.com
Tue Mar 20 12:22:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to setup my fedora box with cvs server to be able to
connect it via pserver. This is what I am getting as error trying to
perform any cvs

cvs ["whatevercommand" aborted]: connect to [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:2401
failed: Connection refused

In the /etc/xinetd.d/ folder I have a file called cvs:

service cvspserver
{
         disable                 = no
         port                    = 2401
         socket_type             = stream
         protocol                = tcp
         wait                    = no
         user                    = root
         passenv                 = PATH
         server                  = /usr/bin/cvs
         env                     = HOME=/var/cvs
         server_args             = -f --allow-root=/var/cvs pserver
#       bind                    = 127.0.0.1
}

And in the /etc/hosts.allow I added the line:

cvs: ALL:ALLOW

And using the system-config-security-tui tool I allow:

SSH
WWW (HTTP)
Secure WWW (HTTPS)
and otherports: cvspserver:tcp (same as 2401)

Anything else I need to be able to connect to the the cvs using
pserver from a remote computer. From that computer I can setup a
regular ssh connection without problem. I have tried to restart all
services and rebooted the machine as well :(

Anything I am missing out here?

Best regards,
Peter Lauri