Automounter - need documentation on auto.master options

Eur Ing Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Mar 20 13:21:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 02:03:31PM +0100, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Eur Ing Chris Green wrote:
> >I have looked at that, and it says absolutely nothing about that
> >"+auto.master" entry at the end.  According to autofs(5) all entries
> >should be of the form "key [-options] location".
>
> No, but it does mention auto.master(5), which
> explains what lines with a + means.

Well, sort of (it was where I had deduced as much as I had so far), it
says:-
       Additionally, a map may be included from its source as if it were  it-
       self present in the master map by including a line of the form: + [map-
       type,format:]map[options] and automount(8) will process the map accord-
       ing to the specification described below for map entries.

... but I couldn't get yp to tell me anything useful.

> Does
>
> ypcat auto.master
>
> list anything on your machine?

Yes, it does!  Thank you!

    auto.isoimages  -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    auto.development -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    auto.ccmdumps      -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    auto.Groups             -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    auto.proj       -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    auto.home       -rw,hard,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024
    -hosts
    auto.direct     -rw,hard,suid,intr,rsize=1024,wsize=1024

... and that explains why I'm getting an automounted /proj that I
don't want.

The only remaining issue is to work out where the above comes from, I
know the name of the yp host machine so, presumably, it must be there
somewhere.

--
Chris Green