DNS resolution problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 21 01:06:35 UTC 2007

Andy Green:

Tim:
>> There may be other things in the resolv.conf files that ought to
>> remain there, that line will wipe them out.  Also, the resolv.conf
>> file may get changed by dynamic network scripting.

Andy Green:
> That's true.  Use # to comment things out and add
>
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>
> if that's the case.  But any crapped-upon additional things shouldn't
> stop it working as a generic nameserver for non-local boxes.

'twas my experience that things like DHCP configured interfaces would
get the DHCP discovered DNS servers inserted above my DNS server
addresses, by default.  Of course you can configure things to not add in
DNS server addresses, but that's something that you have to organise,
yourself.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.