2.6.20 = dead mouse

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Wed Mar 21 03:52:44 UTC 2007

Terry Polzin <foxec208 at wowway.com> wrote:

>> > No problems here with a PS/2 mouse attached via a Belkin KVM.  I get a
>> > mouse controllable cursor at both a command console and under X.  At
>> > least this gave me a reason to reboot and pick up the 2.6.20 kernel.
>>

> Me, the scroll wheel hasn't worked in about the last 10 kernels while attached
> to a Belkin KVM
Scroll wheel works just fine.  The only oddity here is the cursor zips
off to usually the lower right corner of the desktop a couple of times a
day and I have to unplug the mouse whenever I switch systems through the
KVM or it goes REALLY weird.  The dart off to the lower right corner
usually occurs when attempting to drag something.

This is with a Mitsumi mouse and a Tyan Tiger MPX motherboard.  The
Belkin KVM is one of the four port ps/2 only types.  It's old but meets
my needs (for that matter the system is old and so am I).

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce