Moderator attention NOT required: e-mail problem at lankheet.com

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Wed Mar 21 14:23:15 UTC 2007

James Wilkinson wrote:
> yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote to the list.
>
> Jeroen Lankheet replied:
>
>> yogesh at banasdairy.coop.lankheet.com wrote:
>>

>> I know this is off topic, but don't use other peoples domain name.
>> If you don't want to end up in a spammers database, then there are other
>> methods for that
>>

> Jeroen, the "lankheet.com" was nowhere to be found in Yogesh's original
> e-mail. I suspect that it was added by a misconfiguration at your end.
> How do e-mails travel through your mail system to your e-mail client?
>
> You can see a version of the original post at
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-March/msg00904.html ,
> but of course the "From:" address is obscured. Nevertheless, it's not
> obscure enough to show that his sending e-mail address ends at .coop.
>
> As a practical matter, it's not even possible to post to this list
> unless the e-mail address you are using has been subscribed to it, and
> it's not possible to subscribe an e-mail address unless you can receive
> e-mails sent to it. Clearly, Yogesh can't receive e-mails sent to
> anything in the lankheet.com domain.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James.

It seems that an apology is definitely on its place:

Dear Yogesh, I'm sorry for the trouble I created. I will be more careful
with these matters in the future.

It seems very strange, however, that only Yogesh's and
Wang.Liqin at mayo.edu.lankheet.com mail is appointed an extra lankheet.com
at his email address.
The maillog did for some reason NOT keep the events logged !?!?
I saw this thing happening only once on Yogesh's address. My server is
up and running for several months! So why not append it with all his emails?

Maybe I should open a new topic on this... or maybe on the sendmail list...

Regards,
Jeroen.